WORKING TO REDUCE THE IMPACT OF COVID-19
As a company, we recognize the seriousness of the COVID-19 virus and the profound impact that this pandemic is having on all of our lives. At MITY Incorporated, our number one priority is the safety, health, and wellbeing of our employees and their families. During the past several weeks, we have taken significant measures to protect our employees including:
- Enabling all nonmanufacturing employees to work from home
- Enforcing self-quarantine procedures for any employee who displays symptoms of a cold, flu, or virus
- Reorganizing work stations in our factories to increase social distancing
- Using additional safety gear to minimize contact between employees
- Establishing new sanitation and disinfecting protocols in order to reduce exposure to germs and bacteria
- Implementing attendance and meeting practices which minimize the use of common areas and reduces contact between individual employees
The spread of the virus has caused many Governors to enact “Shelter in Place” actions, which affect all the citizens and businesses in their state. This initiative has not yet been implemented in the United States where we manufacture products for MityLite® and Bertolini® (Utah and Tennessee). Therefore, we have chosen to maintain operations for these product brands.
The government of Ontario, Canada, where Holsag® is located, has ordered all nonessential businesses to cease operations. Because of our work with the healthcare industry, the manufacturing facility is still operating as an essential business. However, all employees who can work from home are observing the “Shelter in Place” order.
Our goal is to keep our employees working so that they can continue to support their families and we can continue to meet the needs of our valued customers.
Our sales and service teams are working remotely and are available to address any questions customers may have regarding current orders, products, and more. Find your sales representative by calling 800-909-8034 or sending an email to email@example.com.
We are monitoring new developments so that we can adapt quickly to continue protecting our employees and serving our customers.